Providing support for
the spiritual needs of
patients & their families...
24 hours a day,
7 days a week.
As an extension of the Sacred Work that is provided at Baptist Hospitals of Southeast Texas, our Chaplaincy Services are available twenty four hours a day, seven days a week to support the spiritual needs of patients and their family members. Our Chaplaincy Service is also available to assist and guide you and your family with difficult and complex decisions about treatment options, artificial life support, end-of-life issues, living wills and quality of life. During the night hours, a chaplain is on-call to return to the hospital for emergency situations.
Chaplains are available day and night for you. The following is a list of the many Chaplaincy services available to you:
- When a patient or patient’s family member requests a visit by a chaplain, our chaplains are readily available
- Chaplains assist in contacting a patient’s clergy if they wish to speak or see them
- Chaplains are available for the death of a patient
- Critical patients (in danger of dying when death is not expected)
- Emergency surgery
- Emergency situations arising in the patient’s family (death or accident of family members)
- Distraught patient or family
- Any emergency situation arising with staff or their families
- Any situation in which help can be given to provide better care for patients or better public relations
- Answer questions regarding End of Life situations and/or Advanced Directives
- When ethical issues in medical treatment or decision-making arise
For more information, please call (409) 212-5890.