Heart & Vascular Program
Cardiovascular disease is our nation’s No. 1 killer, which is why Baptist Beaumont Hospital’s team of cardiologists, vascular surgeons and staff focus on healing broken hearts. The highly trained staff and board-certified physicians at Baptist Beaumont Hospital are dedicated to providing the highest quality heart care and achieving stellar patient outcomes.
Baptist Beaumont Hospital offers preventive treatments and comprehensive diagnostic options to screen for heart and valve disease, increasing the chances of early detection.
Every second counts when you are experiencing a stroke or heart attack. The team of specialists at Baptist Beaumont Hospital provide rapid diagnosis and treatment designed to improve your chances of survival and recovery, including:
- Systematic approach to treatment for chest pain
- Advanced techniques to diagnose stroke and heart attacks including coronary CT angiography
- Ability for paramedics to send EKG results while en route to hospital
- On-call heart and stroke specialists available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Noninvasive Arctic Sun cooling for post-cardiac arrest care
- Telemedicine that enables real-time consultations with specially trained stroke neurologists at the University of Texas – Houston
- Minimally invasive TAVR treatment for severe aortic stenosis
Following a heart attack or stroke, Baptist Beaumont Hospital offers a cardiac rehabilitation program. Coordinated by a specially trained cardiovascular health and rehabilitation nurse who provides expert stroke and heart rehabilitation care under the direction of a licensed physician. The Cardiac Rehabilitation Program provides inpatient and outpatient therapy designed to:
- Decrease risk factors that contribute to further cardiovascular disease
- Provide exercise and education to improve overall health
- Improve quality of life through a personalized treatment plan adapted to the individual’s needs and limitations
From our national recognition as a Level IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care to our Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation Program, we keep our patients at the heart of all we do.
We want your help in saving friends and family from dying of heart attacks: Deputy Heart Attack website >>
Learn about early symptoms of a heart attack: Early Heart Attack Care initiative >>
Read more about our work with heart failure >>