The philosophy of the Breast Cancer Patient Navigation program is that patients are more likely to experience quality outcomes when they are provided with expert guidance through the cancer experience. During the diagnosis period, a patient can be overwhelmed and many patients feel lost as they attempt to find their way through a complicated medical system they don't fully understand. This certified professional will provide support to help patients “navigate” through the complex healthcare network and serve as a consistent contact person throughout the care process. This is a FREE service offered by Baptist Beaumont Hospital. In the case of breast cancer, the navigator guides the patient through the experience to ensure timely diagnosis, treatment and support. To ensure that she is always there for her breast care patients and their individual needs, our navigator upholds flexible hours and an open flow of communication. In doing so, she is able to guarantee exceptional counsel and direction to her patients when they need it most.
What are the benefits of a Patient Nurse Navigator?
- Facilitates communication among patients, family members and healthcare providers.
- Provides valuable education to patients on a variety of treatment, nutrition, financial and social issues.
- Assists to coordinate care among providers.
- Ensures that appropriate medical records and documents are obtained and available at the patient’s appointment.
- Links patients and families to community resources, such as transportation, housing assistance, financial assistance, and/or support groups.
- Offers emotional support to patients and families during difficult times.
For more information or to schedule a consultation with our Breast Patient Nurse Navigator call (409) 212-7950.